Monday, December 28, 2009

December




Wow... What a month. I've found how strong the love of a spouse can be as he supported me through the hardest time of my life. I have an amazing family who supported Ray and me as we began our life together and we all stood together to endure what turned out to be a difficult month. Ray and I were able to visit Hawaii after being married and had a great time visiting one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. My dad passed away a few days after we got back, but I am so thankful I was able to get married in his hospital room so that he could be there. My dad was the most patient, calm, sarcastic, loving person I've ever known. Lucky for me, I married someone who is a lot like that. Ray reminds me so much of my dad that it makes me laugh sometimes. We spent Christmas in Lyman visiting my mom. It was so fun to see the excitement of my nieces and nephews as they prepared for Santa to come. It always gets a little crazy when everyone is home, but we love playing games and hanging out with each other. I am looking forward to a new year and a new start. I think I make the same resolutions every year, but it's always a good feeling to have goals to work toward. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comments:

Blackham said...

Congrats on getting married Melinda! I just wanted to let you know how much I have been thinking about you. I hope you are doing ok. I can't even imagine how hard it has been. He was an amazing person.